How to Make Healthy Eating Interesting!
Ice Cream, Nutella And Pretzels: Make Them Healthy!
Guilt-Free Versions Of Your Favorites
When you’re craving fats or sugars, it’s hard to replace nachos, a bowl of ice cream, or chips with healthier foods like rice cakes, fruit or nuts. Be honest - which is more appealing to you, cheesy nachos or dry, flaky rice cakes? I created these recipes to stem those cravings and also satisfy your sweet tooth. While you know it’s a much better idea to munch on a handful of nuts, we know that you don’t want to give up your favorite snack food’s textures and flavors.
Keep reading to find recipes full of vitamins and minerals that will satisfy your cravings so you can snack your heart away.
Preparing and eating healthy snacks is a great way to maintain your health, but ensuring you’re receiving the proper amount of vitamins and minerals is difficult at times. A lot of times people don’t have enough information about what they’re eating, or they’re lacking important vitamins they need to function every day. A great way to keep informed is through websites that review supplements and have new articles talking about what health trends to follow and which to ignore. One website I definitely like is Authority Health. It provides enough information to help you do your research to ensure you’re getting enough key vitamins and nutrients in your daily life.
A great way to get your daily nutrients is from healthy snacks. Prepare a few of these, and when you have them on hand you’ll be able to curb your cravings without the added weight gain of their unhealthy counterparts.
1: Dairy-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
● 2 frozen bananas
● 2 big tablespoons peanut butter
● ¼ cup sugar
● 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
● 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
● ½ cup coconut milk
Blend all ingredients together and place in a container to freeze for several hours. Serve frozen.
This dairy-free and vegan version of ice cream is sweet and creamy enough to be ice cream, but cuts many of the calories out as it lacks the usual amount of sugar in regular ice cream. You can find many helpful nutrients in these ingredients.
● bananas: potassium, fiber, vitamin B6 and vitamin C.
● peanut butter: vitamin B6 and magnesium
● coconut milk: lower in sugar than milk or cream, with a small amount of potassium
2: Natural Nutella Recipe
● 1 ripe banana
● 3 ripe avocados
● 1 cup hazelnuts
● ½ cup honey or agave
● 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Roast hazelnuts in a dry pan or in the oven
2. De-skin the hazelnuts by wrapping a kitchen towel around the roasted nuts and rubbing until all the skins are removed.
3. Put hazelnuts in a blender and blend hazelnuts into a paste.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend together until smooth and creamy.
Instead of store-bought nutella which is chock-full of sugar and palm oil, this healthier spread is just as tasty and provides omega-3 vitamins and calcium.
● bananas contain potassium, fiber, vitamin B6 and vitamin C
● avocados are a good source of fiber and omega-3
● hazelnuts contain calcium, vitamin B5, vitamin C, iron and magnesium
● honey is a natural sweetener which acts as an antioxidant.
3: Vitamin Rich Pretzel Recipe
You can buy tasty versions of store bought, hard whole-wheat pretzels, or you can make your own, homemade versions of soft pretzels using a water-based dough here. You can top your pretzels with salt, sesame and pumpkin seeds for added taste and vitamins.
● whole wheat flour: good source of magnesium, vitamin B6 and iron
● pumpkin seeds: have a ton of fiber, potassium, and magnesium
● sesame seeds: a high source of fiber, potassium, magnesium and calcium
Whether you’re dieting or you’re trying to eat healthier, it’s hard to completely cut out your favorite snack foods. Sometimes restraint can even backfire and after a week of resisting your cravings, you may crack and end up binging or overeating, which totally reverses the effects of the beginning of your diet. Instead, have healthy, delicious snacks on hand that are similar to what you’re used to eating. Having a bowlful of creamy ice cream or a bite of soft pretzel is a great way to ease your cravings and give your body much-needed nutrition. Eat without the guilt by trying out these recipes.
Share your healthy swaps with fitnessbyeve.com in the comments below.