Alkalizing Spiced Vanilla & Fig Protein Shake Recipe
Super Quick & Easy Whey Protein Shake Recipe
Get Back in Balance
This vanilla and fig protein shake is my new favorite for the season. It's tasty, filling and the spices make this so perfect for the Fall/Winter seasons. Along with the added benefits of most protein shakes; the almond milk and figs make this alkalizing too!
• 1 scoop vanilla hydro whey protein powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg
• 2 figs pre-soaked to soften (I added these instead of having prunes, which are acidic)
• ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (optional, you can also use water. I normally just use water to reduce calories but almonds are alkalizing)
• ¼ cup water
• Ice (the more you use, the thicker it will be)
• Soak the figs for at least 5 minutes to soften
• Throw all of the ingredients into a blender and blend into a smooth, thick, shake.
• Sprinkle with some extra cinnamon and nutmeg if desired.
• Enjoy immediately.
Quick, easy and nutritious.
Let me know if you've tried the 'Spiced Vanilla & Fig Protein Shake' recipe in the comments below or feel free to share your own recipes, we love seeing what you've created.