Skinny Superfood Martini Recipe: Acai & Chia Citrus Burst
Ok, so alcohol is never healthy but it's often made worse with carbonated, chemical filled sodas or sugary juices and mixers. This skinny superfood acai, chia, citrus martini does use alcohol but it's balanced with the goodness of acai and chia (or so I tell myself!).
- Double shot (3.0floz/89ml) Citrus or Mandarin Vodka
- Double shot (3.0floz/89ml) Acai smoothie/juice
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds. If you can't find them in stores Amazon stocks them: Organic Chia Seeds
- Chill the martini glass with ice and water.
- Fill the martini shaker (or you can use 2 beer glasses and put one inside the other-top to top).
- Pour the acai juice and vodka into the shaker and shake vigorously for about 20-30 seconds.
- Empty the ice/water mix from the glass and fill with the martini (drain off of the ice).
- Garnish with the chia seeds and any other tropical fruit.
- Sip, relax and enjoy!
Benefits of Acai & Chia:
Acai has been long touted as a 'superfood' due to them being high in anti-oxidants; more so than most other berries. Chia seeds are high in fiber and Omega-3 fats. For full details of this amazingly powerful little seed check out:
You may also want to try:
*Always drink responsibly and in moderation
Skinny Superfood Martini Recipe: Acai & Chia Citrus Burst by Fitness by Eve.