Healthier Happy Hour Appetizer Alternatives
Happy hours even happier when done guilt-free
So happy hour rolls around again and who doesn't love socializing? Myself included. A Happy Hour every now and again never hurt anyone but sometimes there's periods of time where they happen more than less and life's too short to say no!
I think you should be able to go about your normal way of life (whatever that is to you), not miss out of what you love and still manage to have a healthy lifestyle, with a few simple lifestyle habits.
I'm not saying to stick to the healthy alternatives 100% of the time, but if you do more often than not, you've got much more chance of staying on track!
Here are a few appetizer alternatives to keep your nutrition under control. Enjoy and have a fabulous, fit night out.
- Salsa or tomato instead of cheese or cream based dips and sauces
- Home made or made fresh table-side guacamole rather than store bought. For a quick and healthy version to make at home Click Here
- Raw vegetables instead of dipping chips
- Grilled Chicken skewers/ Chicken Satay instead of wings and fried chicken
- Ceviche or Poke instead of calamari
- Sliders protein style with lettuce instead of the cheese & bun
- Wine or champagne instead of cocktails and beer (generally less sugar and calories)
- Crab cakes instead of wontons or potstickers
- Chicken Lettuce wraps instead of quesadillas, tacos or flautas
- Flatbread instead of deep pan or stuffed crust pizza
- Sashimi instead of sushi
Now that we've got the healthier appetizer alternatives covered what about the drinks?*
If you're staying in or having people over check out my martini recipes:
*always drink responsibly
Healthier Happy Hour Alternatives. Fitness by Eve